Friday, April 2, 2010

Blogs at school

On the 15 March the Department of Education introduced blogs to their system.
It is fantastic.
I have totally embraced the new technology and I must say that if it wasn't for this course pushing me out of my comfort zone I probably wouldn't have embraced it so quickly and confidently.
I have a couple going.
  1. A library blog - so far the stage 3 students have been given the opportunity to suggest ways to improve the library, review books read for the PRC, review any book.
  2. A G&T science blog - Each child can write up the experiment they presented complete with a photo and the rest of the group can comment on it. This is fantastic!
In the staff room we were discussing the possibility of have another one with staff member of the week on it. They could tell us about themselves and then we could all write positive comments. It was hilarious coming up with comments....We probably won't carry this one through.
I am looking forward to extending the life of the library one and next term I am beginning to work on Tournament of the mind so I am going to start one for that as well.

WARNING: BLOGS CAN BE ADDICTIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment