Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Aha moment........just a few days late!

Oh dear, if I had read all of the readings for module 4 before I attempted to complete assignment 1 I think I would have been able to answer the question so much better......I should have read the schedule guide a bit more thoroughly I guess.


Herring, J. (2006). A critical investigation of students' and teachers' views of the use of information literacy skills in school assignments.

As I sit here reading this article I am cringing in my seat. Herring used a lot of the references that I used for my first assignment and saw things that I didn't see.........were we really reading the same content???????
It was really interesting to see his critical evaluation of the different sources on information literacy skills and the way he was able to see the subtle differences in each article. I guess that is the mark of a true pro.
It was interesting to see his interpretation of the various research projects that had taken place.
I also found the results from his own study of secondary students to be quite intriguing. Guess I'll be reflecting on this article for the next assignment where we have to compare and contrast 3 different information skills models. I will also be reading all of the required readings before I submit my next assignment so I get my aha moment before submitting the assignment instead of after when it is way too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment