Saturday, January 8, 2011

Placement finished

Yay, I have finished my 10 day placement......
Today as we closed up the library I was quite relieved to have finished the prac component of ETL507.

What have I learned?????
Well I have learned that working in a public library can be quite exhilarating as you break up fights over the computer....to quite boring when there are no customers around and you have tidied the shelves for about the millionth time.
There are other times when it can be quite interesting when you talk to the colourful locals all moaning the fact that it looks like it will flood.
It is also quite exciting when a newish book is returned and you realise that you haven't read it so you bring it home and add it to the growing pile beside your bed.....actually that should be classified under work hazard.

Overall it has been an interesting 10 days, but not one I will want to do again in a hurry.

It has been wonderful that my mum has been able to look after my kids and that they have had a beach holiday.

Another upside was that on Wednesdays I only had to work half a day as the library shut at 12.30. Also today I only had a half day as it was Saturday and everything in the country closes at lunch time.

I am really grateful to Jenny for having me in her domain and for being so generous with her time and skills. Also to Clarence Regional Library for allowing me to do my placement in the Yamba library.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was good for you. Makes you grateful for school Libraries, eh? How's the work situation?

    ReplyDelete