Friday, April 29, 2011

Building your Personal Learning Network

While looking for information for my INF506 project report I discovered this fabulous blog that goes into some detail about blogging with primary school students which is what I need right now.

In my usual habit of procrastination I read some other posts and found this fabulous one about building a personal learning network  It is extremely informative and such a no brainer really.
Read it for yourself, but one of the things it said was that the look of a personal learning network has changed from:
  • your colleagues in the building you work in
  • a cherished personal mentor
  • professional development opportunities offered sporadically throughout the year
  • conferences
  • college credit classes taken for re-certification
to:
  • Blogs
  • RSS Readers
  • Twitter
  • Nings
  • Skype
  • Podcasts
  • Wikis
 How true that is.

Oh well off to do some more on my assignment so that I can put my feet up this afternoon and watch all of the fantastic television coverage of THE Royal wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment