Friday, April 15, 2011

Twitter and how it can be useful

While lying in bed this morning I was reading a copy of the Woman's Day magazine (April 11) and stumbled on an article about the Missionbeat manager Daniel Petsalis.The article was titled 'I use Twitter to save lives'

Now if the article didn't have that title I probably wouldn't have bothered reading it but it now had my interest.

In the article it told how Daniel has over 1000 followers. I just looked him up on twitter and discovered that he has 1 353 followers.
He says that by using Twitter he is keeping people informed about what he is doing.
He even helped save a suicidal lady who sent him a message via Twitter.

Well, maybe this has changed my view on Twitter slightly and it can be used for good and not just gossip by mindless celebrities.

No comments:

Post a Comment