Monday, April 11, 2011

Social networking and information policy - module 5 at last!!!!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am so happy to be up to my last module.
I have completed my 3 online journal activities and after I finish this module I will be able to start work on my project which is well under way, although it is a shame that the school holidays are here as the kids at school have really embraced the blog and I am worried that this momentum may come to a halt. On the other hand if we have a few wet days they might go on the blog to kill time. Only time will tell I guess.

What is information policy?

"Information policy is the set of all public laws, regulations and policies that encourage, discourage or regulate the creation, use, storage and communication of information." (Weingarten, 1989).

What policy issues have resulted from social networking?

 

I watched this video in amazement as all of the facts and figures were given.
My 16 year old son also watched in amazement, except he said that it went too fast to be able to process the information.
The part of the video that had the most impact on me was the way the size of computers has decreased over the years, as has the cost of computers.
Really good stuff, I think that I will put this onto the staff blog as it is something everyone should see.

I am so very glad that I have completed my 3 online activities as the remainder of this unit of work dealt with online activities.
If I have time though I wouldn't mind coming back to do the activity related to the YouTube clip as it looks like it would be interesting to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment