Sunday, May 9, 2010

Totally frustrated

The one thing that I can't get used to in distance study is not having face to face contact with a class in a lecture hall. I used to pick up so much in that environment, much more than I pick up now off the forums.
At the moment I am really finding it difficult to get started on part B of my assignment.
Within the confines of a lecture theatre people would bounce ideas off each other and ideas would springboard around the room. Just by listening you could pick up enough clues to at least get on the right track.
Unfortunately the forum doesn't quite give the same result. Sure, if people ask the right question that may help you, but at the moment I have listened to the podcasts, read the notes and read all of the comments on the assignment 2 forum but I still cannot seem to be able to get started.

I remember last semester when I tried to get information I was told that you had to make your own decisions at this level of study. I know that is the case but it is really difficult to make an informed decision when you don't even have a starting point.
I just wish the whole thing was over as I seem to be going nowhere fast.....I don't think I'm even treading water well enough to keep my head above water.

I know that Roy has said that the only dumb question is the one not asked, but I can't even think of a question to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment