Tuesday, May 11, 2010

chat rooms

Last night I participated in a chat room for the purposes of trying to get some clear answers about how to do my assignment.
It was an interesting experience, actually much better than previous ones I have participated in. Instead of using the CSU site we went 'external' and used a site called neatchat. It was neat and I found it much easier to follow the disjointed flow of conversation in between getting dinner ready for my family and having my questions answered.
Today I have gone through the chat transcript and deleted anything that I didn't think was relevant and printed it out so that I could look easily at the conversation as I do my research. If I had printed the entire chat it would have been more than 20 pages long, by deleting unnecessary stuff it was reduced to 6 pages which was much better.
An interesting thing that did come out of the chat was that Brooke casually mentioned that her school had moved away from quality teaching and was now onto collaborative classrooms. Wow the uproar that this statement could have caused, but it didn't it went through relatively un-noticed although Roy did seem a bit baffled by it. I am looking forward to hearing more about this model of teaching in the future.
Anyway I have now run out of excuses to complete part B of this assignment so I had better start.
Part C is going to be really easy to do as I have learnt so much and have come to realise that this job is way more than just shelving a few books.

No comments:

Post a Comment