Monday, May 17, 2010

Inspired by Jessica Watson

On Saturday instead of working on my assignment I was totally mesmerised by Jessica Watson completing her sail around the world. I didn't move from the lounge all day as I flicked between all of the television channels watching whoever had the best coverage at the time.
Now as I sit here becoming quite frustrated with the whole process of gaining my Master of Education in Teacher Librarianship and thinking that I will never get my qualification to enable me to fulfil my dream of becoming a teacher librarian. I am reminded of some words of wisdom that Jessica Watson spoke after she arrived safely back in Sydney after sailing around the world in response to the Prime Minister calling her a hero.
She said,
" I'm not a hero, I am just an ordinary girl who had a dream, you just have to have a dream, believe in it and work hard."

So with those words of wisdom from a very mature 16year old I am going to continue to work hard to get this assignment completed well to enable me to pass this subject so that I will be a step closer in achieving my very modest dream of becoming a qualified teacher librarian.

1 comment: