Friday, August 14, 2009

totally overwhelmed

Well today is my uni day. No going out for lunch or coffee with friends just a whole lot of hard work.
So far today I have signed up for skype. Unfortunately I have no idea ho to actually work it. Guess I will wait until my computer savvy neighbour gets home from work to help me. Also had to install a program for my new webcam I bought. Unfortunately that hasn't gone as smoothly as I hoped so will wait for my computer savvy husband to get home from work to show me how to do that properly. Quite clearly I am not vey tecno minded, but already in this course I have learnt more about technology than I had acquired in a lifetime.
Yesterday at work I had to make 2 borrowing cards for 2 new children at my school. Took me over an hour and then I made up the numbers to go on the card because I couldn't find the ones the computer spat out. Also accessioned 1 book........also took an hour!! Missed a staff meeting because I didn't realise the letters T&D meant training and development and are for the whole staff. Schools really should explain their jargon and letter abbreviations to new staff members. If I was in leadership that would be a priority. Also found out that I should be organising a book character parade for book week. No-one told me that it is on every second year and this is the year and book week is the week after next! So as you can see I am on a massive learning curve at the moment.
My goals for this semester are to be able to accession books quickly and accurately, use skype properly (I really feel sorry for my group) and eventually come up with a decent wiki.
At least by the end of this course I will have lots to write about because I came into it knowing nothing and by the end I should have some sort of knowledge.
I'm going to look at the readings I have done for this week so that I can add them to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment