Monday, August 3, 2009

Steep learning curve

Today was the first day of my new job. It's in a primary school library. Having worked in a primary school library for the last 6 months I thought this would be a breeze....How little did I know.
My new library is two to three times larger than the previous one I worked in and I am discovering there is a lot to learn. All I can say is thank goodness for book week because at least I have a ready supply of new books to work with in my lessons. Today I spent an obsene amount of time trying to find some requested items for a teacher. Oh the joys of not knowing where to find them. After checking all of the obvious places and less obvious ones I was unable to find them. According to OASIS they are in the library which is incredibly frustrating. I can only assume that they have been 'borrowed' without being scanned correctly.
Hopefully this problem will resolve itself in the next couple of days.
Oh well off to my daughters running training and more time to be able to do my readings for this subject, although the way my head is pounding I'm not sure how much I will take in..

No comments:

Post a Comment