Friday, August 7, 2009

Oops

I think I pressed the wrong button and ended up posting before I had finished.
I guess that was another thing I have learned.
Two Types of Teams
1. The lead learning team- they are responsible for the strategic plan and the annual management plan and should have about 10-15 members ranging from the principal to ancillary staff.
2. The task learning team- they have to empower members of the school community. It is usually smaller than the lead team.

Roving Leadership
Task learning teams give opportunities for roving leadership in schools. Other members of the school are able to be mentored and coached by senior leaders of the school.

The thing I got most out of this reading is that collaborative decision making does not just happen but is a result of excellent training to develop expertise and the need for volunteers to want to be involved and not expected to be involved.

Oh well off to primary school soccer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment