Monday, August 17, 2009

Group work

Last night I used skype for the first time to communicate with Beryl who is in my group for our group assignment. all went well until we lost the sound and I couldn't hear her, then when I called her back I couldn't get my video to work. Oh well I guess it is all a learning experience.
We had a great chat and she was able to send me on the right track for my section of work as she successfully completed a subject last semester and this is my first subject.
It was great talking to her, although we drifted off the topic several times it was great to connect with her.
I think I am enjoying learning about and using all of this new technology and my son is over the moon as he can stay in contact with his school friend who has moved to live in Vietnam for 6 months.
All is good.
Not only that, but today I arrived at school to find that the library had been decorated by a couple of mothers for book week. It looks fantastic and it is clear that they had put in a fair bit of time to get such great results. Apparently they do it each year for the librarian I am currently relieving. I will try and remember to take photos tomorrow at school and post them on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cathy - I have an award for you at my blog.

    Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete