Monday, September 7, 2009

Group assignments should be banned.......

I SURVIVED ANOTHER SKYPE CONFERENCE CALL.......yay.
Well last night we had a marathon conference call on skype.
We are all getting the hang of calling each other, but last night our call was full of problems. Group members kept cutting in and out, we had to all hang up and start again at one stage. The sound was a major issue that in the end caused us to finally end our call because we were all so frustrated with the irregular sound.
We changed quite a few things last night, but Beryl kept us right on task having added speaker notes next to each of our slides. That was new to me I didn't even know what speaker notes were let alone how to add them.
This project really is a huge learning curve for me.
Mostly I have no idea what the rest of my group are talking about so I volunteered to take notes for the entry in the wiki, because at least that way I am forced to concentrate and clarify points thus helping me to understand. I also feel like I'm not contributing a huge amount so at least that way I am doing something. I just don't want to be remembered for being the group member who did nothing to contribute which caused the downfall of the group.
Collaborative learning sucks! All group assignments should be banned!!! Everyone I talk to also agrees with this, even people not in this course agree that group assignments are shocking.
I am not looking forward to part B of this assignment, actually I haven't really looked at it yet as I just want to get through this part first and I was really focused on getting through the assignment. Looking at the forum yesterday I was amazed to see people still asking questions about the assignment.....the day before it was due. In my opinion they really should have had all of that sorted by that stage...Oh well, who knows maybe it will be me asking all of those questions next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment