Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Second half of placement

I have just completed the 7th day of my placement.....Only 3 to go!
I have to go into Maclean to work tomorrow because Yamba is shut. Oh how wonderful to live and work in the country.
Yesterday was the first day back since Christmas Eve. To say it was busy was an understatement.
There were 3 of us working and we did not stop all day.
I shelved non stop from 9am until 5pm because the quantity of books being returned was so huge. When we had arrived in the morning lots of books had been returned in the chute as people went past so we had to return all of those as well as returning books that people brought in during the day.
While it was nice to be kept busy I am well and truly over the shelving.
Today I went and did a coffee run just to escape. We don't usually get coffee during the day but I was a bit sick of shelving so I initiated this practice.
My lecturer from uni is supposed to call to check up on me but it appears my lecturer has gone AWOL so James is standing in for her and as he is in Scotland he can't call so he has sent an email with questions for Jenny to answer.
Sure hope her answers match mine...
Thank goodness today was only a half day as I am getting a bit bored with the life of a branch librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment