Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flooded in!!!!!

Well here I am still in Yamba having completed my placement.
The problem is, I can't leave Yamba at the moment as we are cut off from the world due to flood water covering the road between here and Maclean.
I am glad that the library is well stocked as I think I will be visiting it again tomorrow to find a good book to read.
Mum works for the council and she is busy running around trying to find staff to run the children's programs as well as the aged care programs because staff are unable to travel outside the town that they live due to the flood.
I have volunteered to help out at the vacation care as long as they pay me..........I figure that I have already given council 10days of my life for free and I'm not about to do anymore free work.... unless they are really desperate, and I think they might be. Oh well I guess you do what you have to do in a flood crisis.

I am beginning to panic a bit though as I am supposed to pick Mark up from Ballina in 2 days as he is flying up to drive us back to Sydney.
I hope he has a good book to read because he could be stranded in Ballina for a few days at this rate.

Oh the joys of a flood!

No comments:

Post a Comment