Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day

Happy Australia Day everyone.
I absolutely love the celebrations for today.
Every year we venture into the city, we start at Hyde Park and then weave our way down to Circular Quay looking at all of the vintage cars along the way.
The boys love it, and as my 16year old informed me last night "it is our tradition".
I tried to veto the whole thing last night because today it is going to be the hottest Australia day in 31 years and we have experienced some hot ones!
Anyway it wasn't to be and we are going to head in after everyone wakes up.
We have added an extra bit of excitement this year as we are going to go on a jet boat ride in the Harbour and out through the heads which should be fun. Every year we are nagged to go for a ride so this year I pre purchased tickets at half price as a surprise, except that I am hopeless at keeping secrets and told them during the week. Needless to say they are really excited. Hopefully we will get our ride in before it storms.

I am so excited that I can enjoy today because very late last night I finished my ETL507 portfolio which was very exciting.
Denise now has my two assignments and is busy formatting them and spacing them out beautifully for me so that I can hand both of them in on the weekend.
It is such a relief.
I now have about 2 weeks of freedom before I start the last 2 subjects of my course...(assuming that I pass these)
Oh well off to the city for the day....

Happy Australia Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment