Monday, December 20, 2010

First day of placement

I began work at Yamba library today.
It was fabulous.
Yamba is a single person library and Jenny is the beautiful lady who runs it. She was so patient with me and so very friendly to everyone who walked through the door.
When I chose this library for my 10day placement I thought that it would be really quiet and relaxing.
Well after day 1 I have learned that this is not the case at all.
We did not stop all day and the amount of shelving was unbelievable.
I did manage to grab a copy of Danielle Steele's latest book to read as well as a biography that I have wanted to read about a lady working in Antarctica. I hope I don't find any other books I want to read because I don't think that I will have enough time while I am here.
Looking at what I have to put in my report I am beginning to panic a little bit because I don't know where I am going to find all of the information I need and journals etc to back it up. Oh well that should keep me busy over the holidays.

Before leaving home on Saturday I submitted my ETL503 assignment about selecting resources for a school library.
I am quite happy with the finished product except for the fact that I am not sure if I have put enough references into it. I guess I will find out when the marks come back.
Oh well, nothing I can do about it now I guess.
Looking ahead I need to begin work on my collection management policy.............that should be interesting.

I guess the last 2 weeks in January are going to be extremely busy for me as I try to finish 3 major assignments for my 2 subjects. Maybe I should get started while I am away..........That could be a good excuse to avoid washing up on Christmas Day I think!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to do your placement in Yamba! hope it's great for you and you learn heaps! Have a good time. (Hey, here's a good idea - When you've written all your policies and procedures, can I have them?!!)

    ReplyDelete