Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 2 of placement

Well today is day 2 of my placement.
At the moment it is really quiet so I am taking this opportunity to update the blog.
I can not believe the number of books that people borrow.
Most of the clients are retired people this week, but after Christmas I have been told that it will mostly be tourists.
We have been reserving books for people, returning books and shelving books.
I love seeing all of the new magazines and books that are available.
A local library is so much more interesting than a school library even though my school library holds more books than this library.
A major difference is that the books are all really clean and not dusty like at school so I don't feel like washing my hands every 5 minutes.
Lunch in 15 minutes. How cool is that? you get 1 1/2hours for lunch with NO playground duty.
Think I love the life of a public librarian.

1 comment: