Monday, March 22, 2010

Why should principals support school libraries?

Hartzell, G. (2002). Why should principals support school libraries? ERIC Digest, November (EDO-IR-2002-06)

This article was fabulous to read. It supported a lot of my views, not to mention one the obstacles I am going to discuss in my assignment.
I thought that it was interesting that many principals overlook librarians as powerful allies as they are not usually written about in administrator journals. Who would have thought?
It was good that Hartzell made me aware of the 11 characteristics displayed by excellent librarians.
I loved the way he gave suggestions for ways principals can support libraries, and money wasn't listed as the only form of support.

NB. Principal support must be broad-based and multi-dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment