Thursday, February 17, 2011

Facebook, and what next?

Now what do I do?
I have set up my facebook account and have joined the group for my uni subject this year, so what comes next???
My kids tell me I have to get lots of friends, so I have 2, my husband and a good friend who I went to school with, but what next?
So far I fail to see the attraction of this new social networking tool and I really have no desire to increase my friend base. They say that I could look up friends that I went to school with, but really if I wanted to stay in contact with them I already would be so I don't think I will be doing that. also I stay in contact with the people I care about by phone and even in person so I can't see facebook taking the place of that.
I guess it's early days yet though so I may change my mind.
Setting up my account was fairly easy, I didn't even need my 16 year old son's help which was impressive.
The next pressing thing though is to find a half way decent photo to put on my profile. The other day the computer had a hissy fit and now I have lost most of my photos. I have no idea where they have gone and either does my husband or techno whiz friend. Oh well I keep hoping they will turn up one day when I turn the computer on.

No comments:

Post a Comment